12.06.2010

How movie posters should be.





Aren't these delicious? Every now and again, we're treated to a set of posters that are more than a Photoshopped image of an actor or actress (not to minimize the skills needed for a well done Photoshop job), and it is like a treat to the eye. Already looking forward to the new film by Requiem for a Dream director Darren Aronofsky, I was simply tickled when I saw the posters for Black Swan. Deranged ballerinas running around paranoid in feathers and tutus? I'm in.

Number three is my favorite. If the movie lives up to my expectations, I'd be willing to track down a copy of it for my wall. Number two is lovely as well.

5 comments:

  1. Agreed, These fantastic posters are way superior to the gaggle of trite and predictable wannabes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed! In a world over-saturated with poor design, it seems most films go the lazy route with its images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hate this poster, and this movie

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's no need for that, Anonymous. If you're going to leave a comment of this nature, at least back up your feelings with some reasoning. Blatant negativity is not welcome, but thoughtful debate and conversation is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to go see it with you!!! Jules

    ReplyDelete